Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thank You Daddy

Tomorrow marks the 2 year anniversary of my dad’s passing. September 21 now marks two special days, his birthday and his homecoming. I won’t lie and say that I never think about it anymore or that everything is ok. But I did want to take an opportunity to say thank you to my hero. Thank you for your life. Thank you for the love and care that you showed me from my very first breath. Thank you for always putting my needs and desires above your own. Thank you for all of the wisdom and guidance that you gave. Thank you for all of the trips to the toy store, McDonald’s, and the movies. Thank you for all of the late night help with my homework. Thank you for playing catch with me in the back yard more times than I can count. (I miss those the most) Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for being strong. Thank you for making me proud. Thank you for your example as a husband. Thank you for showing me how to be a father. (I really wish you could have been there on Sept. 8, it was tough not having you there to hold your new granddaughter). Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my Daddy.

Skip Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I'm proud of you. This was a wonderful tribute to your dad. I'm praying for you all today as I remember, too.
His little sister, Beth

Anonymous said...

What a neat way to remember your dad's life. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. My family extends their love as well. We just consider you "extended family" and Patrick had to be my favorite "uncle". I know he looks down on all of you every day with so much love.
Amy

Anonymous said...

You're a real man, Skip - unafraid to be authentic, even if it means being vulnerabile.

As a guy who went without a dad most of my growing up, I took your memories to heart. Thanks to you, I'm off to go throw the ball with my son.

Peace bro,
Cor