Friday, June 29, 2007

Marketer's Dream...

On this, the day of the long-awaited release of the I-Phone, I realize that I am, as Skip has said for a while now, a marketer's dream. I have bought into the hype lock, stock and barrel. Watching the commercial is torture even! I mean, a screen you can scroll just using your finger?? Anyway, My brilliant plan of using my AT&T employee brother to score one without waiting in line and at a discounted price, was foiled when Apple announced no pre-reserving and no employee discounts. (Sorry Aaron.) As I don't have $600 sitting under my mattress right now, I am forced to wait. Now, my college self would have just said, "Screw all that. I'm charging it! (Rosey)" But my 'semi grown-up' self says '"No, not a wise move." I mean, I don't want the first generation one anyway...I'm sure there will be all kinds of bugs to work out. So, I guess I will just go into the Apple store and play with it in-store to satisfy my itch for one. Oh wait...Sweet!...I just found out they are gonna bundle a second generation I-Phone with an I-book to come out at Christmas and it will be cheaper! ....Looks like I have something to save up my money for after all :)

6 comments:

Perez Family said...

I am so proud that you resisted the urge! Do you remember the first phone we charged...wow! It was huge, technology has come a long way! We've grown up so much since our college days, it's a good thing because I don't know if our husbands would be able to handle us. Can't wait to see you this week!

Misty said...

Kate! I am so proud of you for resisiting! I like the way you tell yourself how they will have to "work out the bugs" and what-not lol! I did see the commercial, and I must admit, I will want one too! it's way cool. I have nothing by the apple company, so I have not entered the "i-world" yet! hope ya'll have a great sunday afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Go job, girlie! Hey i read this and then saw an article about it in the People magazine and thought of you. Good things come to those who wait... lol

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear friend...I am in agreement with you that we should wait for the second generation, save our mula wisley, and be happy w/the phones we have...BUT...I was so, so, so very jealous to see all those peeps waiting on the phone that you and I have been dreaming about for so long now...So here's to the iphone and all its cool gadgets and patented intelligence. I will buy one of you when you go on with Tmobile. :)

Unknown said...

ok Kate...
1. Sorry about the Iphone, one day we will both have one..
and
2. I do not see my blog on yours...now Im sad.
wakintexas.blogger.com

jeannie said...

i distinctly remember sitting in skip's apartment when you and rosie came running in to show off your new phones... i remember skip and mason shaking their heads and travis thinking their was nothing wrong with using a credit card to get a phone :)