Wednesday, July 11, 2007

...Pondering anew

I read the blog of a dear friend yesterday and she was talking about not 'fretting'(click here). It was very convicting and challenging to me. I have found myself fretting quite a bit lately about different things: selling our house, new jobs, money, church, family, daily annoyances, living a significant, impactful and meaningful life, blah, blah, blah :) Well, I was listening to a hymn cd in the car this morning(which I love!) and heard the words from 'Praise to the Lord, the Almighty.' (Go here and read all the words if you havent before...they are awesome!) Now, if you don't know, I love hymns: a love that was instilled in me by my parents when I was little. They are wonderful and powerful if you take the time to truly meditate on the words.

"Ponder anew, what the Almighty can do..." Wow, I thought. How often do I truly stop and ponder what our amazing God can do? And how often do I truly meditate on the fact that our God will do abundantly more than than we could ever ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20)?? How often do I just stop and praise Him. Not often enough. My mind gets bogged down with worries, busyness, worldly pursuits. I mean, there has never been a time when my God has not been faithful or has not sustained me. He sustains me daily. I am challenged to think with a renewed and fresh mind on the majesty, power, faithfullness, love and goodness of my Lord and Savior and to take time to "praise the Lord, O let all that is in me adore Him!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Let's hang this wkend...call me! We can listen to the Fray on my wockin ipod instead of driving up there :)

emily said...

whatever I can do to be of service:) It was convicting huh?? Miss you and sweet baby girl!

Heather said...

How to escape the short sightedness I am so prone to?! Ahhhhh! Thanks for the challenge to look beyond self!