Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ode to Papa...




My dad was the best dad in the world to me and now he is the best Papa for Reese. He is so kind and patient. He was always at my games, always cheered me on, made lots of tents in the living room with me, read lots of books, took me to the lake, always comforted, always a teacher, taught me about Christ, taught me about life, told me when I was out of line and disciplined me for it, helped me when I needed it, let me learn the lesson on my own when I needed to, took me to breakfast once a week from 4th grade until now...a tradition that continues with Reese...never made me feel stupid, always made me feel important, always listened, never "too busy", always hugged me, always said "I love you", never put his burdens on me, always joyful, always prayerful, always welcoming to others, always a good friend, always a good son to his parents, always a good husband, always played restaurant, always watched my shows I put on and clapped like it was for real :) , always accepted my friends as his own, always gave wise council, never quick to anger, but always quick to forgive. I mean...I pray and hope I can be as good a parent to Reese as he is to me. God gave me an amazing example and standard to go by in both of my parents and I love them very much!



4 comments:

Perez Family said...

Precious, what a touching blog!

Avery said...

say hi to babby reese.....

Anonymous said...

You are so very blessed to have such a wonderful father and family!

emily said...

Love your daddy too!