Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sherman, My Hero...

Well, we are no longer nomads as of 2 weekends ago. We sold our sweet first house in Arlington and have been living with Skip’s mom, who graciously took us in for the summer…We now are living in a townhouse / apartment in North Richland Hills. It has 3 bedrooms, garage, cable and a washer / dryer…everything we need! Moving was crazy as it usually is…We had all of our stuff in 2 PODS which were scheduled to be delivered that Friday. Well, they put the first POD in our driveway, then when the second POD arrives, there is no where to put it due to the newly created construction zone in the parking area closest to us so…what do they do? Try to look for a spot you say? Let the movers unload the first one then move the second one into the driveway? NO. He drives off with my POD without even trying and yells out the window as he is driving away with all my worldy possessions that I would have to re schedule. I stand in my new front grass square crying. Well, I say, maybe it will be ok because one of the PODS had all our furniture in it, and the other had stuff that was basically storage. I eagerly unlock the padlock, pull up on the door to find……crap. So the movers that we had scheduled come unload our “crap” into the garage and then say they will come back when the other POD comes back. I call PODS desperately begging 80 year old customer service rep Shirley to help me. But to no avail. I call back again determined to find justice. Robert then proceeded to promise me that the other POD would be there first thing Monday morning even though the schedule was full he would fit me in. Thanks Robert. So all weekend goes by with us not able to really do anything because everything we needed was in the other POD. Monday morning rolls around and the empty POD still has not been picked up. It must be picked up or there will be the same problem of no where to put the full one. I call. Guess what happens…Nothing. Then my knight in shining armor shows up in the form of Sherman. Sherman said don’t worry, its my job. Ill get it done. Music to my ears. So as he finagles the PODS around and gets the full one in the driveway and the empty one on his truck, I go to the donut shop to get him breakfast for his awesomeness. I really appreciate when customer service people actually provide customer service. So the rest is history…the movers get us unloaded, we get things set up after a few late nights…There is still an explosion of boxes in our garage, but other than that, we are doing pretty good. So come see us at our amazing new place! It pretty much look like every other apartment you’ve ever seen in your life! :)

2 comments:

emily said...

Sweet Sherman!! Come see Abe- he needs to meet you guys. :) Thanks for the b-day msg too.

Misty said...

yay! next time i'm in the area i'm coming by! we need to get together soon anyways, and hopefully BEFORE oct 24th! i love you sweet friend, congrats on ya'lls new pad! tell Reesie Cash said hi :O)