Thursday, August 23, 2007

...God is good!

God seems to keep reminding me, through various things, that He is the one in control and that my life is in His hands.
Providence.
My dad, my hero in every possible way, also has helped me tremendously in truly understanding and embracing this doctrine lately. I am, in fact, "prone to wander", prone to make the same mistakes over again, prone to trust in myself instead of the Almighty creator, prone to worry about worldly things, yet He continues to work in me, thank goodness! The things that are most important, and that I strive to be more like Him in...wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, worker, witness, etc....I fail at miserably every day, yet I have faith and assurance that He will continue to give me grace and work in me until the end of my days. He gives things and takes things away in His providence, ordering my way with knowledge I do not possess...Doing the BEST for me, even if I do not see it initially...Not to mention, I forget to take joy in the hard things(however small they are, or however big I make them)...and its pretty cool that the hard things truly show me the width and length and depth and height of His love for me...reminding me that His plans for me are perfect and that He does for me far above all I could ever imagine for myself!! He is Good and I thank Him for all He is doing in me and for me!!

"Wonderful are your works, O Lord, my soul knows it very well!"

Ephesians 3:13-21

"I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes all knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now, to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or imagine, to Him be the glory forever and ever..."!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Amen to that! I am so thankful for the same things mentioned. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it...that is part of a song we used to sing but I can't remember the rest of the words! :O) All glory to God for His never-ending mercy, forgiveness, kindness, and provisions! I love you Kate! hope you all had a great weekend!