Monday, September 24, 2007

...A New Beginning

Ahhhhh, Monday, September 24th....one of my favorite days of the year. Anyone have a guess??? If you know me at all, you would know it's because tonight begins the new fall season of tv! And yes, I know, I know. Im a dork and tv is the devil(Lanny), but I cant help it...I admit, I love it-I love kindof being in another world for an hour, Its fun!! Now, this day comes with much preparation and anticipation for me. The Friday before the Monday of the new season, I sit down with my fall preview tv guide, a glass of wine, and my DVR remote. So, this past Friday night, while Skip was gone at a football game, I did just that. Step 1 requires highlighters. I highlight all the shows I think I might want to watch. Now, I already have established shows on the roster, so there is only limited room for new shows. But, Ive done my research on all the new shows, so Im ready to make the hard choices on which ones to cut. The DVR records two shows at one time, so step 2 is going through and making sure of any overlapping times. This year, luckily only one night has shows that conflicted so I had to cut one on Thursday. Last year, I had way too many that overlapped and so I made the decision to cut ALL(and yes that includes American Idol-that ridiculous show that took up 3 night a week on my DVR--Go Daughtry!!) reality tv. (I was getting way bored of it anyway, and I would much rather watch a good drama than the "way-over" Bachelor or something.) Anyway, so step 3 is actually setting the season passes on the DVR and then...Im ready for a new season...so exciting!! This is not an all-inclusive list, but, Heroes, Gray's, CSI, new fav Ugly Betty. And of course, we cant forget about the mid-seasoners...24 and Lost.
Ok, now before you think Im in love with my DVR(although I might possibly be-and I know there are few of you out there that understand), and that I ignore my child to watch all these shows, know this...I really dont watch every show, AND what I usually do is save up and watch on nights that Skip is gone coaching and Reese is asleep. Anyway, whatever...

Cheers!--to DVR's, the start of a new season, and all of you who are in the "tv club" with me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I love it! And I can't even tell you how bad I was wanting to text you this past Friday and tell you what my loser self ALMOST ALL DAY!!! Yep, sure did watch the ENTIRE season one of heroes! Yeah, I did! Whatever! I don't even care! :) It is amazing like you said...But you do need to add the Office to your list of shows...you will not be let down, it's funny stuff! :)

Misty said...

lol Kate I love you! funny tv loving friend :O) i also watched some heroes, with Jess. only the 1st 2 episodes i think. i'm going to put it on my netflix list though, and see if i "get into it". apparently Jess loved it! :O) hey! you can use my desk and then maybe later we can go to lunch! i mean, can we have lunch today? or tomorrow? or thurs? i miss you! :O)

Perez Family said...

Count me in!!! Well that is of no surprise to you anyways, you already knew that about me! We have Uverse now, oh yeah records 4 shows at once! But guess what happened!! My tv went out yesterday, what horrible timing! Of course that doesn't work around here so what did we do as soon as Jimmy got off work, took a little trip to Conn's & made it all ok. :) Yeah for the fall lineup!!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

Hi friend ... you have been tagged ... check out my blog!! :)

Stephanie Rohloff said...

You are to funny! Chris and I don't have cable, nor a DVR nor Tivo...and I am jealous of you. That DVR thing sounds like it makes your life so much easier, with our family growing soon I am gunna need a way to tape Ugly Betty and Lost and The Office...I know that I can't miss! Has Samantha Who? come on yet? I want to see that one.

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Dude! Kate, I had no idea you grew at APCA! WOw, my sister and her husband went there before he went onto seminary at RTS in Orlando. What a small world, you were probably there then, because I was in High School then. The Wilkerson's, ring a bell...What about the Shuford's? They are good family friends.
And yes, we do go to FWPCA! We love it! It is such an amazing church body. Tons of people from our church are adoptive parents also and so we have an awesome group comforting and helping us right now.
So your Dad is retiring, I did not know that, I will have to tell my sister.
What a small world! Do you go to APCA? I know you told me at some point what church yall are at...sorry, bad memory.

And, Chris and I would love to get together with you all! Once things slow down and we can get idea how soon baby will be here...I will email and we can set something up.

later, Steph

Heather said...

I cannot imagine life without a DVR. We are in the same boat! This has been a seriously awesome TV week for sure!

Heather said...

So I do have to brag for a second.... because of our super cool TiVo we downloaded Bionic Woman, Life, and Chuck two weeks early! And watched them before they aired on TV.

Coryslave said...

No cable or DVR, but we managed to catch House. Then we missed Kitchen Nightmares, but I watched the whole episode online last night.

What can I say, I love these ornery, intense, in your face types. I have no idea why ..

Still, you've convinced me. We've gotta get Tivo.

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you. I do the exact same thing! And I of course don't take up any time watching tv when Reed is up!

So what did you think of Grey's??? And are you watching the Private Practice?