Thursday, September 20, 2007

..."in my heart's eye"




This past week I visited my family in Tennessee. It was my grandmother's 80th birthday, Reese needed to see her Tennessee relatives, and I needed some pork bar-b-q.(is there any other kind???) :) We had a great time visiting with grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins...then we trekked down to Destin, Florida to suffer for a few days on the beach. My mom, my cousin, Reese and I took my Grandmother on a girls trip down there for her birthday. She loves it there but has not been able to go for a really long time, so it was a neat thing. We had so much fun shopping, eating, and hanging on the beach. Reese's first beach trip was a success!(although flying with an infant, by yourself, with connecting flights, is quite the challenge :) ) She was a little daredevil, but our little bathing beauty too! On another note...I am 27 years old, and my grandmother is 80. I think it is so cool how, at least to me, she is kindof ageless. I mean, I know she is older in my brain, but in "my heart's eye" she is still the same as she was when I was 5 years old...filling my stocking at Christmas, humming me songs at night, making me her special oatmeal... You wont often hear her complain, she is so kind and excited about life. I am so glad I got to spend this special time with her and hope I can remember and learn from all the things she is and does!
Yea for beach/girl's trips!!! :)




9 comments:

Coryslave said...

Very cool thoughts, Kate. My fave pic of Reese is in the pink outfit. Great shot!

BTW, have you ever wondered "how old" people will appear in heaven? Will grandmas look old to their grandkids, but young to their own grandmas?

... food for thought.

emily said...

Can you believe that you were there with us when Issy was in the womb? Now here you are with a babe of your own-- wow.

Still need to celebrate the 1st bday with the kids.

Avery said...

the last pic is so funny

i think that reese has her new stylin glasses!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the one at the top...so sweet!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

what a treasured time that you will remember and cherish forever!! so glad you had such a good time!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yeah I posted one for my mom for her bday too in August...what can I say...they are both equally as special and deserving:)

LlamaJ said...

Hi Kate! Those are absolutely adorable pictures. That first pic is amazing. I can't believe how big she is now!

Perez Family said...

Oh what a wonderful and special time, I am so glad you got to make that trip. The pics are adorable! Let's chat!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the daddy's girls! :)
Destin pics are so cute! I have been a few times...def. one my fav. beach cities in Fl. Makes me miss living close to beach!