Sunday, November 11, 2007

Christmas Excitement

So, I walked into Target, my fav place, today and lo and behold....Christmas stuff was out!!! Yea!!! I know many of you are the "it's too early for Christmas" crowd...but I fully embrace the marketing strategy :) Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving and think it deserves more attention, however, I have to admit my heart still skips a beat at the sight of garland, and trees and fake snowmen. I have even turned on 103.7 and whipped out my Christmas cd's already! I just love the galleria all decorated, the sound of Christmas songs, the holiday scents, Charlie Brown Christmas...I think the anticipation and "build-up" to Christmas is almost more fun than the day itself...Before you all get worried and think Im so so shallow, let me just say I do know the real "reason for the season"(so cliche I know) and it is Jesus! (and friends and family :)
But, there is nothing wrong with a little holiday cheer! So I dont want to hear any comlaining if you are in my car and Mariah Carey's Christmas album is blaring through the speakers! :) (one of the greatest Christmas albums of all time, by the way!)
Merry Christmas early, to each and every one!!! (and Happy Thanksgiving!)

3 comments:

Misty said...

YAY CHRISTMAS STUFF!! that is what i say in every store i go in that has it out. i'm with you Kate, i love it and i love my Christmas cds!! SING WITH ME! "i don't want a lot for christmas, there is just one thing i need...don't care about the presents underneath the christmas tree, i just want you for my own, more than you could ever know....make my wish come true, all i want for christmas is youoooooooooooooooooooo babyeee!" lol

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!!
sing with me Kate---
"It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!!!"

Anonymous said...

Ok...funny...I did actually JUST NOW read Mitty's comment above mine...

what can I say? great minds thing somewhat alike :)