Friday, February 15, 2008

Year 5

So today is our 5th wedding anniversary!---I can't believe it's been that long! Here are my Top 5 "married moments" thus far...in no particular order...

-our honeymoon in Vegas when skip let me walk down the strip to get us breakfast at mcdonalds, BY MYSELF, because he wanted to sleep in late :),

-the day skip figured out the top two situations in which to never bother me(you are taking your life into your own hands)...
*when I am taking a nap ("I hate 6:30!") :)
*when I am watching my favorite TV show,

-the day we energetically ripped out our bathroom vanity and a geyser erupted out of our wall,

-finding out we were going to have a baby / the birth of our precious, amazing daughter,

-the flower delivery guy delivering the tulips I get every year on this day!

There are so many more, and of course all the "major moments" qualify without saying...wedding, buying our house, surviving hurricane emily, all that. But truly, my favorite are the ones just hanging out with each other and friends/family, laughing, playing with reese...
I like that saying about how life is what happens in between all the big stuff...
Our past 5 years of "life" have been awesome and I can't wait for the next ones!

(Ave, I know you tagged me and I'll post it asap :)

7 comments:

emily said...

5 years, really? Wow, time flies. I look at the picture of the kids with you on this day all the time- sweet memory.

Enjoy the day! Here is to another many years.

Anonymous said...

The camp is called "Camp RedCloud"....Just read your previous post-good stuff! I can't believe it's been 5 years...and then I guess I can. What a beautiful wedding it was!!! Happy Anniversary Skip and Kate!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok I will tell her!!! That is CRAZY!!!

How have you guys been by the way? Been way too long...You, me and Mitty are way overdue for another marathon.

Did you see about the Cody thing at office? It was CRAZINESS...I had ringing in my ears for two days thanks to screaming teenage girls :)

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

congrats!! love you guys and hope to see you very soon ... now that the devil that was inside me has now passed, literally.

Perez Family said...

Oh how wonderful, 5 yrs!!! Congrats! We love you dear friends!!

Ellen said...

It's been 5 years already!? Congrats!!

Misty said...

heehee that's so funny! lol walk to mcd's by yourself!!! HA!! happy late anniversary ya'll! it goes by so fast. i miss you!