Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Talking to myself

So, in response to myself and my last blog...
Church on Sunday was very convicting for me. It was one comment that really reminded me of something. During the prayer, we prayed that God alone would satisfy and consume us.
That was it. Small words that meant alot to me considering my recent addiction :) I was very convicted about that certain book / movie that I previously called an "obsession". I truly want and struggle daily to be satisfied in my God and Savior ALONE. I struggle against the things of the world that fight for my time and emotions. I could go on and on, BUT, I want to be careful not to go too far the other way either. I do not think books, movies, music are wrong. I think being truly consumed by it, and using it to fill and satisfy, is. So anyway, just some thoughts I am thinking today. Think what you will about it. I know people have differing opinions on Harry Potter and tv and all that stuff...but hopefully the one thing we can agree on as Christians is that we all struggle to be more like Christ, to live our lives in a manner that would glorify Him, and that none of us will reach that standard this side of heaven. So I guess in closing...enjoy Twilight :) (because it's awesome!!)....but remember what, who, and where our true loyalty, worship and affections lie.

1 comment:

Coryslave said...

One of the best blogs I think you've ever written, Kate. Awesome!