Monday, April 20, 2009

Simplify.

We had an awesome challenge at church yesterday to simplify our lives. Just about all the clutter that fills our life both physically and otherwise. This is something my dad often told me growing up as well and I love it! Simplify. So on top of cleaning out my car, the garage and purging our lives of all the clothes, dvd's, and just crap that fills up our house (and I dont consider myself a pack rat and I'm not a knick-knacky person either but still we have so much we could get rid of!...)...anyway, we are also trying to clean out our time, focus and emotions. "Seek FIRST HIS kingdom..." Which is so hard to do truly and authentically I think, but in our daily struggle to be more like Him and honor Him in our daily living...the process begins, which is ongoing, of "simplifying" the DVR timers, our weekend calendar, bank accounts, the pressures and expectations we put on ourselves and others and just our crazy, busy thoughts and lives in general. Anyway, wish us luck! :)
**Baby is good. 37 weeks and counting! Reese pics and update soon!

3 comments:

emily said...

Great post. I want pics of you too!! :)

Anonymous said...

How are YOU feeling? I agree with Em, we need more belly pics! And Reesie pics are always good :)

Ellen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't wait to see baby pics!