Thursday, January 28, 2010

my buddy...

Anybody remember this guy?? I am sortof a freak when it comes to remembering stuff like this (shout out to this girl)... I mean, for example, the skip it jingle, rainbow brite, popples, teddy ruxpin, big wheels, the theme song to Care Bears, Lite Brite and the ever awesome My Buddy and Kid Sister. If you were a kid in the 80's, you should still know every word and the tune to the below jingle...

“My Buddy, My Buddy,
Wherever I go, he goes.
My Buddy, My Buddy,
I’ll teach him everything that I know…

My Buddy and me
Like to climb up a tree.
My buddy and me
We're the best friends that could be.

My Buddy, My Buddy
My Buddy and Meeeee!”

Now, yes, I am the first to admit there is a slight resemblence to Chucky and actually dolls (and puppets) kindof creep me out...BUT, the catchiness of the jingle just got in my brain and lately we have been referring to the beaubaby as the "beau buddy" sometimes...even singing the song inserting his name...see below example.

"beau buddy, beau buddy,
wherever I go, he goes..."

Dang that catchy jingle.
Of course...I think MY buddy is way cuter...and a lot less creepy. :)

3 comments:

Misty said...

hahah! yes Beau Buddy is WAYYYY cuter and awesomer than that doll! :o) i know what you mean about the dang jingles. remember the "monchichi's" and the song for "gummi bears" the tv show? heehee! i'm glad you are back to blogging, often! i have gotten lazy in the commenting area of the blog world. i read up on everyone's but out of laziness don't leave many comments because i don't want to log in. that is terrible! i can't believe i am saying that out loud! :O) anyway, love your posts, love the one b4 this and how God is moving in your heart!! i know how you "love" your shows and tivo, and for you to choose to read your bible and pray instead of what you would "normally" do is a great testimony!! love you soo much friend and we need to get together soon! playdate at my house! whoop!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that jingle... but please, don't leave out Kid Sister-

"Kid Sister, Kid Sister,
Wherever I go, she goes..."

:)

Nur said...

very nice pictures..