Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!

I am leaving work to go VOTE!! Remember to vote and PRAY for our Nation today! God is in control people!


--Ok. I know. Blogging 2 days in a row. I just feel like I need to share Part 1 of the story I told yesterday. The so sweet moment that ended up in the blog yesterday was preempted by this one: All day Saturday Reese was whining, throwing fits, being 2…My husband, who has many virtues, one of the strongest I consider to be patience, was losing it. (As was I) And you all know it takes a lot to make him lose his cool—unless it is a church softball game :) Anyway, so at 8:00 that night, which is her bedtime, we pack Reeseie up and head to Mimi’s. We drop her off to play in a desperate moment, and for one precious hour, go sit at On the Border and have chips and queso. I don’t think we said a word the whole time :) It was wonderful. Im sure our waiter wondered if we were fighting or something since we weren’t talking and I know we looked a little disheveled. Me in my stretchy workout pants, hair in a ponytail, no makeup…And these times are really few and far between right now because of Skip's football schedule and me feeling so bad 24/7! Oh well. But you know what, these many imperfect moments in our life is what made the moment in the blog from yesterday so much sweeter and makes us "real". Just had to share. I thought it was only fair you see both sides of the story :)

Now, Go Vote!

1 comment:

The Shaffers said...

Seriously, I am there with you!!! I feel like I am reading words that I should have written. We are struggling together! I love you Kate!!! We must always be honest!