Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Morning After

Well, I am feeling many things this morning. Disappointment, fear, uncertainty. I could truly go off about the outcome of last night. Un-educated voters, the fact that no one can actually tell me in words what “change” he is bringing, the fact that the media and pop culture directed so many peoples votes, the fact that Obama will not allow the media to even speak his middle name, the fact that people have already been arrested for assassination plots against him, what is going to happen regarding terrorism, the fact that his moral compass is completely broken. The man now running our country scares the crap out of me. But at this point, it is done. God is in control. Regardless of my opinions, our ultimate, supreme ruler is Christ anyway. He is aware of who is now our authority as far as government goes. I will continue to be faithful to pray every day for God’s protection and favor on this country of ours even though we do not deserve it. And I will trust that His sovereign wisdom is greater than I can understand. I will continue to love this country, love freedom, support the troops, sing the national anthem, pledge allegiance to the flag, and remember 9/11. As out of control and worried as I feel, I will take comfort in the God of the Universe. The entire Universe. As in, the Universe that is bigger than the United States.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I am right there too!!!

PS--love seeing the addition of "T-2" to the blog :0)

The Shaffers said...

Yep, Word up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.