Thursday, January 21, 2010

my sweet baby girl...



Time for a Reesie story...there are so many. everyday she does funny things and says new words, and has some major sass going on, puts her hands on her hips and everything. So cute. (I know it probably won't be so cute in 10 years) Anyway, she loves to spend hours setting up tea parties, playing beauty shop, dressing up like a princess, and dancing. She is singing every hour of the day she is awake. Always smiling. I am definitely in love with her :)
So the other morning, before she woke up, I went in and crawled in bed with her...she likes to "cuddle". She woke up, rolled over, put her little hand on my cheek, and said with all the conviction and sweetness in her little body, "Mommy, you are beautiful." Talk about heart melting. It is so sweet to see what this innocent little child sees, not swayed yet by the world's definition of beauty. Very refreshing.
Then today, we were attending a tea party in her room and she said to me, "Mommy, I am going to go get married in my closet", then disappears into her closet with her crown, purse, play jewelry and butterfly wings. Oh how I love these moments...(They help when the whining, throwing up and moments like that come :) )
My prayer continues to be for her health, safety, happiness, growth, and above all, her salvation. I pray that skip and I continue to develop in our love, patience and joy with her, and that we are constantly looking to Christ for her and that she is able to see Him in us. I am far far from perfect and never will be. I lose patience and get frustrated. I make mistakes every day as a parent. I am a sinner. But I continue to ask for forgiveness, seek Him, and petition Him to keep purifying me to make me more like Himself.
So I hope you all get the opportunity to hang out with Reesie and beaubaby because they are both the best and cutest ever! Of course, I might be a tad bit biassed. :)

3 comments:

jen said...

I love that pic of you and your sweet little girl!

Kristen and Sebastian said...

Hey girl, I love reading all your posts and definitely love seeing new pics of your kiddos. They are adorable! I'm so glad you started posting again.

Julia said...

Thanks, Katheryn for sharing these little stories. I'm praying for the babies. I'm so glad you started posting again!